There’s no skirting around the mirror when you notice gaps in your teeth, or teeth that have seen better days prior to staining and yellowing. The possible onset of infections and gum disease become even more prevalent when your teeth aren’t living up to their full potential. Because our mouths and oral health are an indicator for every other condition that may arise in our bodies, an initial evaluation and exam with a dentist can be life or death. They’ll determine whether dental implants are suitable and take you to the next step.
A Good Candidate Should Have This:
- Enough bone to anchor the implants in the jaw – The structure of your jawbone is vital for the success of your dental implant. If it’s weak, your jawbone will have to be treated with supplementary procedures before implant placement.
- Healthy gums – Signs of gum disease (or periodontitis) and gingivitis might deter the dental implant from remaining secure. Since an implant is lifelong, ensuring healthy gums is of major importance.
- Commitment to oral wellness – A strong candidate for dental implants needs to have a commitment to daily brushing and flossing, and following a healthy regimen of teeth maintenance. Regular visits to your dentist are also recommended as part of this commitment. It’s essential to adhere to follow-up care once the dental implants are secured.
Those Who Are Not Good Candidates Include:
- Pregnant women.
- People who rely on certain medications that suppress the immune system.
- Young people whose jawbones continue to grow.
- Heavy tobacco users
- Those who abuse alcohol or other substance abuses.
- People with chronic diseases.
- People who have serious teeth clenching and grinding issues.
- Patients who have received high doses of radiation to the head or neck.
At Younes Dental Care, they can provide a complete evaluation to determine whether dental implants are right for you. Their skilled team of dentists are able to pinpoint what needs precede a dental implant treatment and if your candidacy falls in line with their recommendation. They are the go-to center in Trenton, ON. Once you’ve taken the initial step towards a sensational smile, Dr. Younes’ office gives you the launch for new and natural teeth, and a plan for care that beats all others. Give them a call today and give your smile a new life!