Dental braces are wire-based appliances that orthodontists use to correct crowded and misaligned teeth or jaws.Today’s braces are smaller and less noticeable. Besides the traditional metal braces, there are tooth-coloured ceramic braces that are less noticeable. Braces and elastics can also be multicoloured. Speak to our team to learn more about all your choices and get a customized treatment plan.
Dental braces offer corrective treatment for:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Too much space between teeth
- Upper front teeth that overlap the lower teeth too much — either vertically (overbite) or horizontally
- Upper front teeth that bite behind the lower ones (underbite)
- Other jaw misalignment problems that cause an uneven bite
Proper alignment of your teeth and jaws may improve not only the appearance of your teeth but also the health of your mouth and the way you bite, chew and speak. They are ideal for solving a broad range of oral health conditions that are causing negative impacts on your overall well-being, so it’s important to have an open discussion with your dentist about what the best treatment options may be for your particular case.